Friday April 3 2020
Quite a hailstorm last night. That and the fantasy movie I felt like watching the other morning made me think also of the various phenomena which even Choosers not blessed with a superior intellect can observe sooner or later (once they start to pay attention to their surroundings!) including the behavior of the choiceless animal-like minds.
Saturday March 28 2020
A bathroom symptom yesterday morning could have presaged a corona infection (at least according to Finnish MSM), but since no other indicia have yet appeared, it was more likely a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning (from candles going out near a careless man who had fallen asleep and got lucky once more).
Sunday September 15 2019
A Man's fiesta of Lovely (including nutritive supplements) can, should and WILL be practically never-ending, when after a day of snacking bonused with a nocturnal plate of pasta + root-mixed tomato sauce one goes to bed, sleeps late and wakes up 1 ½ kilos thinner.
Of course, there aren't many conditions which result in a cachexia of equal efficiency.
Sunday October 20-21 2018
Making plans to relocate your unique and valuable vitality say, from the various loony things that threaten the humanity & goals of mobile folk in places like Finland?
Or simply intending to visit the Polyglot Conference in Ljubljana, Slovenia on October 26?
Either way, you might be interested in having a look here for some ideas on peppering your (or my) personalised Esperanto with words better understood in Euro-Slavic countries. . . Not to mention a bundle of (particularly useful!) Old English neologisms. And a couple of other goodies. (Some items especially ones hopelessly oldschool in order to save time are simply not to be wasted.)
Sunday August 26 2018
How might one express concepts like "(social) company", "customer", "democratic" and "successful" in Neo-Quenya?
Today I made my (public..) value-creating co-contribution be just about that and I even did it under 85 minutes. . . But who's counting?
≡ A useful though indirect link ≡
Sunday August 11-12 2018
For the weekend, imagine now, not simply my perfectly formed lumbodorsalities . . .
. . . but also Proto-Celtic.
From the dead.
Partly in the very least the word-stems of select nouns and adjectives (or even some verbs) phonologically adapted into, say, Esperanto as "dialectal" prime synonyms..
(a+)kvir-i/-ini (to buy)
moinio (treasure, goods)
sira (long, A)
vaito; krovo (blood, N)
veidi (to know)
Monday July 29-30 2018
"Yea! Fairer cities once more have I been carried through than exist in lidless indifference;
with soul-quickening Sight-Streets lacquer'd amply with the lagu, until, ride-ended, I switched to foot-journeying and
conversing with my company ascended an odd 'detour' that along with goal's rock-gate
in reunion-joy touching one reveals the nigh name for.
A Day-like warm realness..."
Monday May 28 2018
• Interstellar powerfully reminded me of the (dearest and realest) things some places would steal from inside and around a man. . . . as well as of the potential which the Reason behind conflict and amassing attempts to steal from an entire species in each passing generation.
Tuesday May 15 2018
• I spent much of the day of E. (on the Fenno-Swedish name-calendar) educationally and speed-affectingly, with Southern European languages (four you would know & one you wouldn't) and with my vintage ride; but I would've rather spent the whole day with a certain Benutzerin of http://ardapedia.herr-der-ringe-film.de, doing much more questionable co-editing 'work'.
Friday Dec 1 2017
• After not hearing back from the computer repair place, I paid them a personal visit today. Witnessed the
whereabouts and superficially good condition of my property and was again promised a go-to engineer's situation report (by the Diensthabender), this time "before tomorrow". However, at this writing the business hours are over and I have still not been contacted. Should such customer-flouting attitude and silence persist past the weekend, I shall reclaim my laptop on Monday.
Wednesday Nov 29 2017
• Added this page with the help of a USB stick and a public computer. Will meet with a paid computing consultant today.
Tuesday Nov 28 2017
• Feigning a flawless internet connectivity, my one-year-old HP home laptop can no longer find web pages after an automatic shutdown from low power. Repair attempts with a network reset, Windows 10 diagnostic tools, rebooting etc. proven useless.